Made from the Camellia Sinensis plant, Green Tea is a rich source of antioxidants called flavonoids that may have certain health benefits, including a reduced risk of some cancers and heart disease. But many people ask – How many cups of Green Tea should I drink a day?
Harvard Health Publications recommends drinking a few cups of Green Tea each day to gain its benefits and says that in tea-drinking cultures, 3 cups per day is perfectly normal.
Tetley Pure Green Tea contains loads of antioxidants, it is a great way to feel energized and helps in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We have put together a few points to remember next time you brew a cup of Green Tea goodness:
• Green Tea is a great boost for your metabolism and as a result can assist with weight loss. (Remember Green Tea alone is not the golden ticket and a calorie controlled diet is also an essential part of any weight loss plan)
• If you’re sensitive to caffeine and find that Green Tea affects your sleep, have your Green Tea before 11am giving yourself a good few hours before bedtime so that the caffeine has time to wear off
• Drinking Green Tea may protect your brain and lower your risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s in old age. Studies have shown that the catechin compounds in Green Tea have many protective effects which can lead to lowering the risk of diseases that come with old age.
• Studies have shown that long term consumption of Green Tea can help to drastically reduce your risk of hypertension
• Green Tea has high levels of antioxidants and minerals that can help protect your kidneys from oxidative damage preventing you from getting kidney stones.
• Drinking Green Tea can do wonders for your skin because of the antioxidant polyphenols in called epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG). This antioxidant keeps your skin hydrated and protects you from the harmful UV rays that come from exposure to the sun.
• Green Tea boosts your memory!
Researchers in Switzerland have found that the Green Tea extract increased neuroplasticity between the parietal and frontal areas of the brain – improving your short and long-term memory.
Here are some suggestions to mix up your Tetley Green Tea and enjoy it different ways:
– Add fresh mint, a slice of lemon, or some apple cubes to your Green Tea for a different flavour
– Serve chilled as an iced tea, with a splash of fruit juice and a mix of sliced fruit
– Add some Green teabags to the liquid added to soups, stews and casseroles to enhance the flavour and health benefits of these dishes
Go on – why not brew another delicious cup of Tetley Pure Green Tea!